The BikeLid® is a patented form of secure, long-term bike parking that provides up to two bicycles superior protection from the elements, vandals, and thieves. Durable and secure, long-term bike parking is key to supporting bicycle commuting.
- Made in the USA
- Easy to Install and Configure
- Sustainable and Ecologic
- Approved by Police and Security
- 10-year limited warranty
- Parks two bicycles with handlebars up to 26-inches wide.
- Graffiti and UV Resistant Shell
- Secure Double Locking Option
Graffiti and UV Resistant Shell
BikeLid has a tough UV and graffiti resistant polyethylene shell that protects bikes and components from the weather, theft, and vandalism. The shell is further strengthened by a steel frame, which pivots on an axel, lift-assisted by an industrial compression spring.
Secure Double Locking Option
Bikes can be locked to the inner guide or frame, and the lid can be locked over the bike(s) using the cyclist’s own lock(s). Optional pre-installed locks include keyed, combination or “on-demand” electronic locks.
Easy to Install and Configure
BikeLid units are delivered fully assembled and can be installed on any ground surface, from earth to concrete, in a matter of minutes. The unit occupies less than 39 square feet for two bikes. BikeLids can park up to 12 bicycles in one car parking space and can be installed in corner spots that are unusable by cars. Suggested configurations for multiple BikeLids include:
Sustainable and Ecological
Secure, long-term bike parking is the key to meeting sustainability goals and encouraging bicycle commuting. This in turn reduces air pollution, eases traffic congestion and reduces the need for car parking. BikeLids are made without environmentally harmful solvents and with 100% recyclable materials.
Approved by Security and Police
BikeLids meet homeland security requirements for monitoring without opening. The design deters storing non-bike property and discourages habitation.
- Colors or full wrap: Standard BikeLids are available in granite, standard colors: yellow, green, blue, red, black, or to match custom Pantone colors. Logos and graphics can also be added with mold-on graphics, vinyl graphics or a full vinyl wrap.
- Interior gear hooks: Aluminum, powder-coated steel or stainless-steel hooks for hanging coats and gear can be added to the BikeLid interior steel security hoop, inside the top of the interior steel frame.
- A window for validation ticket: An optional 3-inch by 4-inch validation window, with ticket clip, can be located on the front shoulder of the BikeLid. The window is available for vendors who will charge for secure bike parking on a payer-use basis and request users display a validation ticket.
- BikeLid security boot: Using the “lock boot”, agencies can prevent “rules of use abusers” or non-paying customers from retrieving their bike until the appropriate fees are paid.